Staying Safe Together
Dear valued guests and friends of The Abbey Hotel, it gives me great pleasure to announce that our doors are open, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.
Over the last few months we have been busy reviewing our entire operation to develop a thorough and extensive reopening plan. Whilst our main priority has always been focused and committed to providing you a safe, relaxing and enjoyable stay with us. We are working hard to ensure that none of the modifications on the way we work will compromise this experience. Our objective is to support guests to ‘Stay Safe Together’ and with this in mind we would like to share with you our Staying Safe Together initiative below.
If you are considering visiting us in the future, we ask that you familiarise yourself with our new approach and help us protect the wellbeing of everyone who arrives at The Abbey Hotel.
Our thoughts go out to anyone who has been impacted by COVID-19 – particularly our incredible frontline NHS staff and key worker groups across the whole country.
We would like to thank you, our loyal customers, for your patience during this unprecedented time.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- Queues will be minimal and fast moving due to pre-arrival procedures.
- Where small queues do form, there will be clear physical distancing measures in place.
- Perspex screens will be added to reception desks to protect staff and guests in locations where direct face to face interaction is unavoidable.
- We will be operating a contactless check-in/check-out service and encouraging you to pre-pay to reduce interactions. Card is king!
- All appropriate areas will be disinfected with anti-bacterial chemicals on a regular basis.
- High use areas, confined spaces and key touch points will receive increased levels of cleaning at more regular intervals.
- Anti-bacterial hand wash stations will be available at key points throughout the hotel.
- Guest bedrooms will be completely sanitised after each stay and additional cleaning for high contact surfaces.
- Visual reminders will be in place to encourage frequent hand washing using soap and water or anti-bacterial hand wash (where soap and water is not available) when entering the building, after coughing or sneezing and after using the washrooms.
- SAFE DISTANCING
- One-way systems directing guests and clear social distance markings in public areas.
- All guests will be advised on the need to practise social distancing from other guests and our team members throughout their stay. There will be visual reminders of this requirement in all appropriate places.
- Lifts should only be occupied by guests staying in the same room at any one time. Disinfectant and wipes will be available to clean elevator buttons between users.
- Use of staircases will be encouraged as an alternative with designated staircases for upward and downward travel.
- Where possible, we will implement one-way systems, with public areas clearly marked to indicate direction of travel and safe distancing guidelines.
- Throughout the hotel, there will be clear signage to communicate the measures in place and staff members will monitor guest behaviour.
- Our staff will be required to wear face masks in public areas, and we would encourage our guests to do the same.
- Secondary control measures such as screens, barriers and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be put in place where safe distancing is not practicable.
- The capacity in all areas of the hotel will be limited to enable a safe environment for our guests and employees.
- FOOD & DRINK
- Our Brasserie & Lounge 98 are now open and we are currently offering a limited menu, between 18:00 - 21:00 Monday to Friday and 11:00 - 21:00 on Saturday and Sunday.
- All tables need to be pre-booked to drink or dine with us as per the government guidance – we will adhere to this and update our policy as and when required.
- Our Terrace Bar will remain temporarily closed.
- Sandwiches are available 24 hours.
- Hotel Bar is open from 10am to 10pm.
- Full English breakfast along with vegetarian options, and bacon baps are now available.
Weekdays served between 7:30am-9:30am
Weekends served between 8am-10am
We will be supporting the NHS Test and Trace.
Government guidance requires us to take the ‘lead bookers’ details (Full Name, Telephone Number and Email Address) for anyone wishing to make a dining reservation. We will keep a temporary record of your details securely for 21 days and your information will only be used where necessary to help stop the spread of Covid-19.
- OUR TEAM
- Please note our team will always welcome you with a friendly smile however it will be from a safe distance.
- All of our team who return to work will have completed health declarations to prove that they are fit and able. They will also have completed our internal COVID-19 training programme.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face masks and disposable gloves will be worn by team members based on their roles and responsibilities, and in adherence to Government regulations and guidance.
- LEISURE CLUB & SPA
Great news! Our Health Club has re-opened and we are very excited to welcome you all back.
It's important to know that things will be a little different moving forward. We have implemented new measures to help keep both our members and team safe which can be viewed here.
- Members wishing to use the Gym or Swimming Pool will need to pre-book an hour time slot online here.
- Hotel Residents are able to book to use the Health Club facilities on arrival at the hotel, to adhere to social distancing our facility spaces are limited and can not be guaranteed. If you would like to pre book a Pool & Jacuzzi or Gym session please call the team on 01527 406600.
- Golf at The Abbey Hotel resumed on 14th May.
- Our Driving Range and championship standard par 72 parkland course is open to both members and guests, please practice social distancing at all times.
- After communicating with the club committee and PGA we are delighted to share with you the steps to ensure we can play golf safely together. Please view document here.
- Bookings can be made online here by calling the Golf Shop on 01527406600 (ext 4).
- We are experiencing a high volume of calls so we appreciate your patience at this challenging time and ask that you only call if you have an urgent enquiry regarding an imminent reservation.
- Future bookings from 4th July 2020 onwards can be made easily online. We promise to be flexible with future hotel bookings, including those booked on a prepaid, non-refundable rate. For the best rates guaranteed book direct.
- If you booked your reservation via a third party (eg. bookings.com, expedia, golfbreaks.com, spabreaks.com and others) please contact them directly for assistance.
- GIFT VOUCHERS
All vouchers with expiry dates between 1st April - 30th August 2020 will be automatically extended to 30th November 2020.